• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Geo Tags (location)? Please help!

evespower

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
Hello I am new here and have a question. I searched but didn't find anything related. But if there is a topic here and someone can lead me to it I would be grateful.

My ex has an iphone and I have a galaxy prevail. He says he can track me and find me at my new boyfriends house with his phone. Is this true? Last week he told me what city I sent a text to him from...

If so, how can I disable it? I am really concerned so a coworker suggested this site. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello I am new here and have a question. I searched but didn't find anything related. But if there is a topic here and someone can lead me to it I would be grateful.

My ex has an iphone and I have a galaxy prevail. He says he can track me and find me at my new boyfriends house with his phone. Is this true? Last week he told me what city I sent a text to him from...

If so, how can I disable it? I am really concerned so a coworker suggested this site. Thanks in advance for your help.

the best way is to STOP TEXTING HIM, but you can disable the location on pictures in the camera app settings :D

Upvote 0

You have to take care of this immediately. Forward me his number so I can learn this trick... urm. I mean put an end to this.

Anyway. I'm not sure about how to go about cross platform communication but on your phone you can go into Google Maps and select Latitude. In latitude you can select to share your location with others or not. From the limited use I've gotten out of it I saw that you can share your location with others that use Android. If someone is using iOS and they know where you are its either because iPhone can also "see" your location or he knows someone who is using Android who is sharing your location with him.

If you sent him a picture and the picture had your geotagged location then that's a definite possibility too as the other poster observed.

Good luck.

PS: Dont fall off the face of this forum when you figure out what's going on... Let us know so we can know what are the tricks folks use...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones