• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

get Google Messages to new phone

DanneV

Lurker
Mar 11, 2023
Old phone: some Huawei with Android 9. New phone: Realme with Android 11.

Managed to get all (?) stuff transferred from old phone to the new via this Google transfer service. But Google Messages won't play. All previous messages (still there in the old phone and in computer) won't show up in the new one.

Have spent two days searching the web and trying all suggestions to no avail and about to go bananas.

Can someone here help out?

Can't list what I've tried since it's umpteen various "help" from umpteen sources. As far as I know, I have synced everything.
No intention to be rude or ungrateful, but if you know how to do this and make it work, why not just tell?
well i do not know your phone and google sync'ing might have worked with google messages. i do not use google messages. on my z fold 4, i used samsung smart switch which is samsung's utility that backs up and restores some of your data and works better going from a samsung phone to samsnug phone.

and others might have suggestions that you might have already tried.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
well i do not know your phone and google sync'ing might have worked with google messages. i do not use google messages. on my z fold 4, i used samsung smart switch which is samsung's utility that backs up and restores some of your data and works better going from a samsung phone to samsnug phone.

and others might have suggestions that you might have already tried.
Again, no intention to be rude, but why do you then answer to a question that you don't know anything about and haven't a clue to resolve?

Upvote 0
Again, no intention to be rude, but why do you then answer to a question that you don't know anything about and haven't a clue to resolve?
well you are being rude..........so i will just ignore any of your posts from now on. just trying to help and being a good member.....but whatever.
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones