• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get your iTunes playlist on your Eris this way

erisharp

Lurker
May 1, 2010
Hey folks, wanted to write this a while ago, but had problems registering. Here's a solution if you're using a PC to get your iTunes playlists onto your Eris with a few easy steps. It seems a little roundabout, but really pretty simple. It requires iTunes and Windows Media Player. (Just hear me out here).

1. Select all tracks on your iTunes playlist and drag them into a new playlist you've created in Windows Media Player (WMP). This should preserve their order.

2. Save the WMP playlist.

3. In the WMP list of playlists, right click on the playlist title you'd like to transfer to Eris and and select 'open file location'

4. With your Eris connected as hard drive, drag the playlist file and the mp3 files (if not already on your phone) to the music folder of your Eris.

Then you're done. This has worked for me every time. Hope this helps some folks.

yeah, I'd looked into these doubletwist and ways back, and I thought it cost money. I just checked the Isyncr and the free version only lets you transfer up to 20 songs per playlist, which doesn't work for me.

I'll check out doubletwist again though. Still, I drag and drop everything and it's pretty easy this way...just an idea.

Upvote 0
Seriously? Have you guys not heard of iTunes Agent? Wow. So much dragging and dropping and duplicating files - what a mess.

I use iTunes Agent, and my Eris shows up IN MY iTUNES as a device that I can sync whatever playlists I want - directly to it. It's the easiest thing ever and it's free. it shows up just like an iPod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones