• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting a replacement (refurbished) device

Jeff123

Mar 28, 2011
The screen of my Turbo now has a small crack in it. I know Verizon offers one free screen replacement to owners of the Droid Turbo within the first two years, and so I'm thinking about taking advantage of that offer to get the screen replaced.

Though I'm aware that they'd send me a refurbished device, and so I'm wondering what should I expect. Have others generally had good luck with the refurbished devices that are through Verizon; should I be concerned about getting a device that has issues?

Also, with this process, when do they require the customer to mail them their smartphone? Would I be allowed to delay sending them my phone until after I got the replacement device in the mail?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones