• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting Amaze to test

Well Raven,

Sorry I havent been on here more, but Android-Dev.us snatched me up on their staff so I have been over there alot more for the amaze.

But I have gotten several things done.
Obviously working with Hasoon2000's AIO toolkit really helps out with noobish stuff.
Then after s-off / rooting / unlocked bootloader / sim unlock, I wanted to get the official ICS OTA update from Tmobile. Unfortunately the OTA failed with my current setup. So I tried all kinds of RUU's for T-mobile that were at many places around the net. All of the either failed to install the update or failed to update the OTA ICS and giving the RED Triangle error.

I have found resolution to that red triangle error that t-mo customers are getting and becoming stuck with Gingerbread.

I have posted my trial and errors from the last day or so HERE

There is also another post that has all the directions on how to do it as well as the official Ice Cream Sandwich RUU for T-mobile customers.
I will be adding more RUU's for more carriers over the next few days as a few are getting the ICS update tonight at midnight.

Upvote 0
I have finished the complete ADU Class #4 Amaze 4g back to stock and accept OTA update

funniest part is people laughed at me when I told them the leak is not going to be official......

Well T-mo leaked is 2.14.531.5 release 259626
T-mo official OTA is 2.14.531.5 release 259660
Enjoy!

LINK TO FULL Amaze 4g back to stock and OTA update success

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones