• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting notifications sporadically

jephdood

Feb 28, 2010
No way can I rely on notifications for my SMS messages or emails. The only thing that regularly shows up on the notification bar is missed calls.

My Moment is about 6 weeks old and was pre-loaded with cl14.

Notifications work okay for a little bit if I toggle notifications off/on.. then after a day or so, nothing.

Anyone else find the notification area to be completely unreliable?

Hopefully things will improve with 2.1.

I've noticed this as well. My notifications are very sporadic. I'm thinking that it is related to 1.5 and I also hope that 2.1 will fix these issues.

My issues are that my notifications are very delayed. Sometimes I won't get a VM notification for several hours after it has been left. Same thing goes for Email or SMS. I'm not using any apps for this, only the stock android notifiers.

Upvote 0
Agreed, well, on K-9 at least. I liked Handcent also, but I found that I was not receiving MMS with Handcent. Three times I uninstalled it and MMS started working again each time. With each new version of Handcent, I keep hoping this will be fixed, but so far, no dice.

The stock email/text apps are garbage.

Go in to the Market and search and download K-9 mail for emails and Handscent for text messages for instant notifications in these areas.

These replacement apps work way better than the stock apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones