• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting rid if "Pull ring to unlock"?

D

Deleted User

My phone updated today, I'm not sure to what version or where to look... anyway it now has this hugely annoying "Pull ring to unlock" thing.

I absolutely hate it.

I've got so used to just flipping open the case and hitting the button to unlock the screen but now I have this extra task to perform, just to actually see my homescreen properly.

There must be some way of getting rid of this POS but I can't find it anywhere in the settings?

If I'd known it was going to mess things around like this I wouldn't have updated it. Right now I feel like throwing the phone across the room because this "ring" thing is just so incredibly pointless and annoying...

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

I don't want ANY lock or unlock; I'm happy just pressing the button. I really can't stand this stupid ring thing, fumbing around with it and then waiting for it do go through a dumb-ass spinning screen display before finally showing the home screen which is all I wanted in the first place.

I'm sure it's very impressive for 12 year olds but I really, really, want to find some way of getting rid of it.

Is there any way to downgrade back to 'Sense' 2.0 or whatever it was?

Thanks

SS

Upvote 0
No you can't downgrade, apart from rooting and flashing a new ROM that will void warranty. Easiest probably would be to buy WidgetLocker from the Market, then use the "disable stock lockscreen" feature.

Widgetlocker is an app that allows you to put any widget on the lockscreen, as well as change the "locker" slider. You can get the old HTC pull down lock slider (the bar with the clock that you pull down the screen and it unlocks). However for the one push button type lock, I don't think there is that feature.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Goddamit, I don't want a new feature, I just want my phone how it was this morning before this unasked for "update" messed it all up and now forces me to literally jump or "pull" bloody hoops to use it.

AAAAARGH!!

Looking through YT vids it seems this is the big new thing of 3.0, the messed around lock screen.

Bollox!!!

:mad:

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick response.

I don't want ANY lock or unlock; I'm happy just pressing the button. I really can't stand this stupid ring thing, fumbing around with it and then waiting for it do go through a dumb-ass spinning screen display before finally showing the home screen which is all I wanted in the first place.

I'm sure it's very impressive for 12 year olds but I really, really, want to find some way of getting rid of it.

Is there any way to downgrade back to 'Sense' 2.0 or whatever it was?

Thanks

SS

You can get rid of that roulette spin by disabling screen animations. Settings > Display > Animations > No Animations.

The roulette thing annoyed me, too. Especially if you were trying to swipe across the screen quickly. That was really, really annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones