• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GIFs on the Stratosphere?

Morphie

Oct 24, 2011
I've noticed that animated GIFs don't seem to load in either the stock browser or Dolphin on my Samsung Stratosphere (Firmware 2.3.5).

If I save the GIF to my phone and view it with the default picture viewer it will display the GIF as static for a few seconds, and then play it as an animation. This only works with the default picture viewer and ONLY if the file is saved into a true gallery and not from a hidden or zipped folder (so annoying, some GIFs aren't exactly SFW and I certainly don't want them in my main gallery).

Is there a setting for this? Are others experiencing this issue?

UPDATE: Seems to load GIFs on the web for a short period of time after performing a soft-reset, but eventually stops. Why would this be? The GIFs aren't that huge in size, and it loads MUCH larger JPEGs effortlessly without issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones