• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ginger Villain - Calendar and SMS issues?

moonman157

Lurker
Aug 6, 2011
hi,
hope I haven't misplaced the thread.
I'm running GV 2.8 (plus 2.8 HAVS + CFS kernel) on a rooted htc desire, I'm loving this rom but I'm also experiencing a couple of issues.

First of all: when in day view, the stock calendar isn't showing event names for ten days after today. this happens only for full-day events and not for time limited events. I can see the colored bars showing event names for today, but if I slide to tomorrow - and the days after - all I get are the colored bars with no text. :thinking:

second, but far less annoying: I'm using GO sms pro instead of stock sms app, and each time I reboot I keep receiving status bar notifications for sms I have already read. I tried uninstalling GO sms and the problem disappeared, but it started again as soon as I installed it back.

any help or suggestion? thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones