• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3.3 official rom

Ages ago i installed cm7 on my phone without backing up the original rom. Now i want to get back to having a proper rom , will this unroot my phone? I tried downloading the closest to a normal htc sense rom 2.3.3 but this doesn't have the proper lockscreen (with the buttons) and doesnt have the 3d page flick thing. Anyone help me out with a proper rom or a better rom than the one i have?:thinking:

(None of this made sense did it?)

What do you mean by it not having the proper lockscreen? It should look identical to the 2.2 one, as far as I'm aware.

Apparently this ROM is just 2.3 with root access, nothing else has been changed. I would give that a shot and keep root.

You can reinstall the official firmware with the RUUs here, which will unroot the device. You can then stick with 2.2 and root it with visionary or accept the 2.3 over-the-air update and root with gingerbreak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones