1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread Vs Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stormwizard, May 16, 2011.

1. stormwizard

stormwizard Lurker

WoooHoooo, so excited, at last it arrived, Gingerbread landed on my phone, response from my wife......you sad twat get a grip.

Sums Gingerbread up really, it was spoke about, it was loaded and it works.

now what.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

Same response from my wife really...

Guess our life is complete now... Untill the Nexus S gets Ice Cream sandwich.
    And then that will be all we want for five or more months ;)

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

My Mrs on the other hand was quite supportive, even to the extent of asking to have a play about with my phone to see why I'd been so eager to install. She now wants me to install a 2.3 ROM on her Orange San Francisco.

We work out what all the bugs are and whinge that HTC have released a sh*tty update, about how useless their testing process is, about they only care about releasing new handsets and not about their existing user base, complain they still haven't fixed HTCsense.com yet, ponder if this is the last update we'll see for the DHD etc.

cupraman and Xyro like this.
  4. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

Do we think this may be a man thing. I was on a late shift yesterday 1300 to 2100. I went to work miserable because no upgrade before I left for work. Phone kept in locker, poor signal so no notification when I left to come home, miserable again. Got home and switched on WiFi and hit the check for update button. Bingo an update was waiting, I then sat there with the phone in my hand whilst it downloaded and rebooted, sad or what. :eek:

5. sonesh

sonesh Android Enthusiast

Spaceprobe, I did exactly the same thing. I actually got my update while I was in my car waiting for my other half to finish work.

She did get a little ticked off when I said we wouldn't be driving anywhere till the update has downloaded because I found free wireless at that spot

6. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

7. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

Similar story here, my Mrs just laughs at me. They just don't get it!!

8. endo55

endo55 Newbie

My wife has a DHD as well. She didn't get the fuss, but this morning admitted that GB made it an overall better DHD experience.

9. goalc

goalc Member

Well I am still waiting for the update to appear on my DHD (even though its unbranded!) and my wife has been telling me to get a life etc as well..... and then today I got a text from her at work saying that she's been looking and that she thinks she can get gingerbread on her Samsung Galaxy S (she is still on 2.1 at the moment, and has done nothing to her phone except add a few apps and whinge at how slow it is!) and can I install it for her tonight (she has to use some really awful software that Samsung provide called Kies to update it).....

Mmmmmm now let me see, I wonder what my response will be :rolleyes:

10. sonesh

After I finished celebrating finally getting my GB update, I decided to update my other halfs Blackberry to whatever its latest version is. IT WIPED EVERYTHING. If they aren't that interested in updating their device, don't force it!

11. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm a woman, and I was super-excited. A male friend of mine has a Desire and couldn't give a toss about Gingerbread (he barely even installs apps)! :p

12. sonesh

I hate it when people get technology and barely use it, especially when they have better kit than me. My dad got a TV with Wireless Internet, and doesn't even know what the Wireless is for.

Lucky for us, there is no better smartphone than the DHD

13. Gillefut

Gillefut Lurker

I daren't tell my wife about the update. She already thinks I love the phone more than her, if she new it had just got even better I don't think she could handle it!

14. Inmatxu

Inmatxu Newbie

I think is sad! one thing is to use technology and another is to worship it

I have the upgrade to Gingerbread, with out waiting or praying for it, and can't see much difference from Froyo at first view.

so where is all the fuss?

Mind you I am a new smart phone user so long way to learn

15. El Presidente

VIP Member

There are a number of bugs in previous versions on the DHD that a large number of us were waiting to be fixed in Gingerbread, so for a lot of us, it was quite a big deal ;).

For many people it's improved battery life, the screen is much clearer and the speaker is so much louder.

How long have you had your handset? If you knew the amount of issues associated with the previous update (2.2 > 2.2.1), you'd have probably been desperate for Gingerbread too.

16. Inmatxu

Inmatxu Newbie

I had my DHD only for 1 month, I did start with Froyo and one day i got the message to upgrade and there it was Gingerbread.

Don't take me wrong guys, I do like technology and I spend lot of time with my phone and forums but there is real people out there so dont see the need to be depressed cause your gb update has not arrived!

17. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

Waiting for it is the best/worst part. Having something to look forward to is always nice. Worst part is when you do get it and have nothing to look forward to anymore.

18. El Presidente

VIP Member

If you think it's bad here, you should've seen HTC's UK Facebook page....

19. Inmatxu

Inmatxu Newbie

this is what I think is sad, not having anything else to look forward.

what about your friends, lovers, family, holidays, sex, rock & roll...etc.?

20. Amerie

Amerie Well-Known Member

Surely it's better to have more things to look forward to than less? Nobody said it was the only thing they were looking forward to. For example, I'm currently on countdown to 5pm to finish work. Of course, I do live in a perpetual state of excitement about one thing or another!

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews