• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail closing when pulling in inbox messages

Miker

Jun 20, 2010
Ever since this morning, my Droid X's Gmail app has been closing whenever it pulls in Gmail messages on the first launch. It'll load two sets of conversations (about 2/3 of the way down the screen), then when it's about to load another set, Gmail crashes. It just takes me back to the home screen with no warning and no messages. Strangely enough, I can view individual messages that have loaded without the app crashing.

I've found similar issues on another forum, Gmail keeps closing when I try to scroll inbox - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum and Gmail app force closes evertime i try to open it. - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Any ideas?

I am having the exact same problem. On my dx it actually started a bit before this morning, like sometime over the weekend. Did you root yours? Cause I rooted mine, although I really can't say if the problem existed before root because I never payed enough attention (although maybe this means there wasn't a problem?). Another problem started along with this: it doesn't let me load specific labels. The problem with loading labels is consistent with respect to each label (that is, it always doesn't load "x" label but it will always load "y" label).

Well, the fact that you found this issue on other forums suggests it's not an issue unique to dx, which is good IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones