• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Exchange Activesync Push configuration - worked yesterday, but not today??

cyberpine

Jun 14, 2010
On Epic Android 2.1

Just yesterday I configured my primary gmail email on a Samsung Epic using Exchange activesync.. It was working and syncing very fast. Except for some VERY IMPORTANT missing features : Default send From, Send From dropdown for all emails in my gmail account and Reply From the original recipent - I was at least happy to get push gmail.

However, today, in an attemp to find some way to send emails as my other domains on the gmail account I deleted that gmail account from the Phone and attempted to configure the secondary account via ActiveSync with something like google\me@mydomain.com... when that did not work (got loading message at the end and it never came back), I presumed you can't do that.. but now I can't even add the orignal gmail acccount back in with Exchange activesync. Same endless loading message ???

so I gave up and let it automatically add gmail account - smtp with 30 minute get sync. Errr.

Did I break something? I'm still able to authenticate into my google account as the gmail primary and the secondaries from the web.

Did I change something on the googl eacoount to cause this? I did add a 3rd email and also made it the default send as on the web client - though that has no bearing on the Android email client.

I really think Google missed something here.

I read a post on the google help site that others are having problems with m.google.com activesync today. I think it's down. Once it's up, I think I might be able to add me@mydomain.com using google\mygoogleaccount which I did not try.

Still would be nice though if by default reply from email matches send to email and we can select available gmail emails from list even if not add seperately in Android.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
was able to connect to activesync last night and maybe I was doing something wrong, but there is still some sort of bug.

I was able to add myemail@mydomiain.com with google\myemail@gmail.com usuing m.google.com, and it creates the account and the phone says it will send as myemail@mydomain.com, but actually it sends it as myeamil@gmail.com :mad:

The result is a lot of services refusing unauthorized unregistered emails.

I should mention that is all happening under the Samsung email client and not gmail's client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones