• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail - froyo lost access to send from alternate address?

droidster87

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
I just got the OTA update to Froyo, and discovered that I can only send email from my gmail address. On the gmail web client, and on 2.1, gmail automatically uses my alternate address (i.e., "me@mydomain.com").
Since the update, I only have access to "me@gmail.com".
I do have two gmail accounts set up -- and can switch back and forth between them. I'm tempted to try deleting that account from the phone and re-adding it, but since it's my primary google account for my phone, I'm not sure what other problems may be created.

I just got the OTA update to Froyo, and discovered that I can only send email from my gmail address. On the gmail web client, and on 2.1, gmail automatically uses my alternate address (i.e., "me@mydomain.com").
Since the update, I only have access to "me@gmail.com".
I do have two gmail accounts set up -- and can switch back and forth between them. I'm tempted to try deleting that account from the phone and re-adding it, but since it's my primary google account for my phone, I'm not sure what other problems may be created.

You may have to do a factory reset. Its annoying, but may fix the issue.

Upvote 0
A factory reset of the phone will not erase the content on your sd card. It will simply return your phone to the way it was when you first got it from the store.

You will lose sms/mms messages, and the settings will be reverted back to how they were when you first got the phone.

All the applications will be removed from your device as well. Any paid applications you had will be marked (in the market) as purchased in the "Downloads" section. Any of the free apps you will either need to remember what you had, or use an app to back them up. The easiest thing to do (for free apps) is to just download an app called atrackdog. Then send yourself a list of the apps you have installed on your phone via email.

Make sure your contacts and calendars are synced with you google accounts you have entered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones