• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail help

I think that feature is just missing from the app.

Give Aqua Mail a try, if Gmail will allow you to do that, and it appears it does not allow "New Folder" from an app. I just tried to do that... I have two Gmail accounts and the Create a Folder is not there.

I have a folder named 'Keep' that I stuff things in until I can get back to a PC and take care of things like that. I've more than 50 folders in my email, so I know of what you want.

Aqua Mail though? runs circles around the Gmail app.

* Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

Upvote 0
I use gmail and put move emails I wish to keep into named folders.
I can generate a newly titled folder while on the computer but not while using my phone?
Should I be able to or is this ability missing from the Android Gmail?

Alan

You can create new labels/folders on your phone if you log in to your Gmail account/s using a browser and select 'Desktop' (found at the bottom of an open email), then 'Edit labels'.

Also, if I want keep an email without necessarily creating a specific label/folder, I just archive it which removes it from the inbox.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones