• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail & Mail Unread Widgets

phantom27

Nov 7, 2009
Does anybody know of an app that will show how many unread emails you have for gmail and corporate email? I like the default program but the widget is just a shortcut and doesn't show an unread count. I looked in the market and couldn't find anything. There has to be an app for that, it seems so basic.

If I'm not making sense: I have handcent and the Handcent widget puts a little number of unread messages in the corner of the widget.

Whatever you do, don't duplicate my mistake. Purchased an app by Warren Miller, which theoretically gives you just what you've described. Worked for about a week. That was back in November. I've since memorized the name. Nevah! again.

On more positive news, Pure Messenger Widget is fantastic. Frequent updates with additional features. I love this dev.

Upvote 0
Does anybody know of an app that will show how many unread emails you have for gmail and corporate email? I like the default program but the widget is just a shortcut and doesn't show an unread count. I looked in the market and couldn't find anything. There has to be an app for that, it seems so basic.

If I'm not making sense: I have handcent and the Handcent widget puts a little number of unread messages in the corner of the widget.

What you want exists, I saw it last week, don't remember where however......

Upvote 0
I have one that works for text, and calls missed called "SMS unread count" but it does not include and email one. I wish it did

I have seen a bunch made by "warren miller" but they seem to be defective, I really wish the "SMS unread count" dev made on for email. I would pay for it if It had counts for all three and not just 2/3 of my "inbox's"

in other words, for now you are SOL. maybe in the near future...

Upvote 0
Whatever you do, don't duplicate my mistake. Purchased an app by Warren Miller, which theoretically gives you just what you've described. Worked for about a week. That was back in November. I've since memorized the name. Nevah! again.

On more positive news, Pure Messenger Widget is fantastic. Frequent updates with additional features. I love this dev.

I looked at the Pure Messenger Widget but it looks like it shows previews of the email's in a widget. What I'm looking for is a 1x1 button that shows how many unread emails you have, then when you click on it, it loads the email application. Does Pure Messenger also do a 1x1 widget? Does anybody have a screenshot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones