• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail not pushing to device like it used to

RJSH_1727

Jul 18, 2010
Hi, to all my lovely Slide users,

I wanted to know if someone could help me with something? my Gmail doesn't seem to be pushing to my device like it used to.:( I'm always having to Refresh in order for it to come through, instead of being pushed directly. I also have Gmail Notifier installed. Could that make a difference? I installed that in the beginning and my emails were still coming to me directly, without me having to Refresh just for them to show up in my Inbox. Then I deleted Notifier and just re-installed earlier today. I tried to disable all my Gmail Settings that I needed to, like Notifier suggested, so I wouldn't get duplicates. So, I'm not really sure what's going on or how I need to have it set up now. My Inbox Label is set to Sync All; Number of days to Sync is 1..any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance!:)

go to an empty homescreen. Long press on the screen, a menu will come up. Choose "widgets"

another menu will come up and scroll down till you find the power control widget. tap on it.

A gray strip with icons will appear. Some will have dimmed green lines underneath and other will have bright green. Make sure that the second to the last icon (a circle with two arrows going in a circle, ) is bright green.

This icon is your mobile sync icon.

if this is on, then maybe you should just turn on all your notifications to see if you really do get doubles.

Reactions: RJSH_1727
Upvote 0
go to an empty homescreen. Long press on the screen, a menu will come up. Choose "widgets"

another menu will come up and scroll down till you find the power control widget. tap on it.

A gray strip with icons will appear. Some will have dimmed green lines underneath and other will have bright green. Make sure that the second to the last icon (a circle with two arrows going in a circle, ) is bright green.

if this is on, then maybe you should just turn on all your notifications to see if you really do get doubles.
Wow! TY, very much! I already had my Power Control widget on my second screen with my Weather. AS SOON AS I turned that on, I received an email from my second email acct. Is that the only way I will be able to receive my mail instantly, or is there another way??

Also, do you know if there's a way that my read msgs on my device can be marked as read in my Inbox my pc?? Thank u very much for your help. I didn't think anybody was going to respond!:)

Upvote 0

P.S.

I did used to get double notifications in my Status bar:(

Upvote 0
OK...maybe I got my hopes up, but it's NOT WORKING AGAIN!:'( My Refresh button isn't even working now!???:( I sent myself an email and it's not coming through and my Refresh hasn't worked in a while. After I turned on my Sync Icon in the Power Control, they automatically were coming to my phone, but not anymore?? IDK what to do...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones