• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail notifications not working

Senden

May 30, 2011
Using my main google account on my phone which is connected to the gmail app preinstalled however for some reason, despite notifications being turned on, my phone won't notify me when I get a new email. Can anyone think of anything I might have overlooked so I get new email notifications?

Notifications are enabled in settings.. ringtone isn't the problem either, usually on my galaxy s2, when I had a new email, I'd get a G symbol come up similar to when I get a text message letting me know I'd have a new email and despite notifications being enabled, I'm not getting any.

Upvote 0
I know its already been said but in the recent versions of gmail you have to tick the notifications checkbox and then go deeper into the menu by touching the box directly underneath the notifications checkbox that will then open up a subment letting you adjust whether the phone vibrates, rings, sends a notification to the notification bar or any combination of those.

FWIW mine was not set to do any of those from the factory.

Upvote 0
I know its already been said but in the recent versions of gmail you have to tick the notifications checkbox and then go deeper into the menu by touching the box directly underneath the notifications checkbox that will then open up a submenu letting you adjust whether the phone vibrates, rings, sends a notification to the notification bar or any combination of those.

FWIW mine was not set to do any of those from the factory.

Reactions: handyandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones