• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Sync problem, Fresh 2.0d

I did something stupid and had to revert to a backup I did a few days ago, which went fine except for one thing. Gmail syncs *to* my phone, but my phone will not sync to Gmail. I noticed that any messages I read or deleted on the phone still appeared unread when I logged into Gmail on my pc. So then I tried sending a test email from my phone and it's stuck as "Sending".

Looked through all my gmail settings & can't figure out what the issue is. Anyone know where else I can look?

I did something stupid and had to revert to a backup I did a few days ago, which went fine except for one thing. Gmail syncs *to* my phone, but my phone will not sync to Gmail. I noticed that any messages I read or deleted on the phone still appeared unread when I logged into Gmail on my pc. So then I tried sending a test email from my phone and it's stuck as "Sending".

Looked through all my gmail settings & can't figure out what the issue is. Anyone know where else I can look?

I've had this issue before when reverting. I think the problem is what date our Gmail sync thinks it is and what day it really is due to our nandroid.

I have found that removing the account and re-adding it works, or even just changing the Sync Amount in settings under labels to a different value, I usually jsut change it from 3 days to All for 5 minutes, then back to 3 days, and it syncs right up.

This happened to me yesterday and that was my fix. Works fine.

Reactions: derspiess
Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses. For whatever reason, it won't let me remove my Google account. I get a message telling me to go to Settings -> About Phone to do a factory reset, and there's no option for that that I can see. I don't really want to take that drastic of a step in any case.

Also tried setting my # of days under labels to 999, waiting a few minutes, then setting it back, and that's not clearing the problem.

I'm really not in the mood to wipe and/or reinstall the ROM but if this keeps up, I may have to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones