• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail won't send a 1MB photo from my phone; it freezes Gmail

Vesbon

Apr 24, 2010
I've got a Sprint Hero and when I try to send a 1MB photo, it basically freezes up my Gmail on my smartphone. Is that normal? I've tried to do it a few times, but it just says "sending" for longer than 10 minutes. It even sort of crashes my phone by hogging all the data and not letting me surf the internet or sync with Remember the Milk and other data reliant apps.

I hate this Sprint Hero, by the way (unrooted, running OS 2.1). It's a genuine POS. It's so laggy (takes literally 10 F'n seconds to call someone... after I dial the number). I've honestly almost smashed it on the ground twice it's so laggy. When I'm in a hurry, I can't stand it's lagginess. It's amazing to me this phone was released to the public with such an egregious lag time on almost everything I do (most noticeably the phone, which is simple compared to other apps).

Thanks,
-v

I've got a Sprint Hero and when I try to send a 1MB photo, it basically freezes up my Gmail on my smartphone. Is that normal? I've tried to do it a few times, but it just says "sending" for longer than 10 minutes. It even sort of crashes my phone by hogging all the data and not letting me surf the internet or sync with Remember the Milk and other data reliant apps.

I hate this Sprint Hero, by the way (unrooted, running OS 2.1). It's a genuine POS. It's so laggy (takes literally 10 F'n seconds to call someone... after I dial the number). I've honestly almost smashed it on the ground twice it's so laggy. When I'm in a hurry, I can't stand it's lagginess. It's amazing to me this phone was released to the public with such an egregious lag time on almost everything I do (most noticeably the phone, which is simple compared to other apps).

Thanks,
-v

The only thing that comes to mind right off the bat is signal strength. Do you have a good, strong signal when trying to send something? Have you tried sending 1MB while connected to a WiFi network? I don't have a Hero, so these are just some thoughts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones