• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go back to 1.5??

My Eris was working so much better before the 2.1 OTA update. I was just wondering if it is possible to go back to 1.5? If so, would my phone go back to working like it did before or would there be a chance it'd still be acting up? I really like some of the features of 2.1 but i'd much rather have a working phone!

Well, before considering that, have you done a factory reset yet? This seems to have solved quite a few wacky issues that folks have had:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

Read through and let us know how you feel (and if you do a factory reset).

Thanks.

P.S. Hey, I just noticed, "Northern Indiana"! (go Hoosiers! :D).

Also, let us know what kinds of things are happening to your phone. There's lots of things that might be able to help you (unless you've already tried them). Let us know.

Upvote 0
It depends. If you have the 1.46 or 1.47 HBOOT, you can root and then downgrade to 1.5. If you have the 1.49 HBOOT, your out of luck, and are stuck with 2.1.

You may have gotten the 1.49 HBOOT if you installed a leak or you have gotten a replacement phone from Verizon in the past month or so.

But to double check, turn off you phone. Then while your phone is turning on press VOLUME DOWN and POWER/END at the same time. Then at the top it should say something along the lines of "1.4X HBOOT".

Upvote 0
It depends. If you have the 1.46 or 1.47 HBOOT, you can root and then downgrade to 1.5. If you have the 1.49 HBOOT, your out of luck, and are stuck with 2.1.

You may have gotten the 1.49 HBOOT if you installed a leak or you have gotten a replacement phone from Verizon in the past month or so.

But to double check, turn off you phone. Then while your phone is turning on press VOLUME DOWN and POWER/END at the same time. Then at the top it should say something along the lines of "1.4X HBOOT".

Thanks Demache... I do have 1.47.. as I'm currently running a stock phone would rooting void any warranty I might have on the phone?

Upvote 0
It depends. If you have the 1.46 or 1.47 HBOOT, you can root and then downgrade to 1.5. If you have the 1.49 HBOOT, your out of luck, and are stuck wi

Thanks Demache... I do have 1.47.. as I'm currently running a stock phone would rooting void any warranty I might have on the phone?
it does. But not to worry. It's completely reversible. After you root, you would install 1.5 which removes most of the evidence that you were ever rooted. After you remove the recovery partition, it will be just like new.

Sent from an HTC Eris

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones