• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going from CM7 to Apex 2.0

xRooness

Lurker
Oct 11, 2011
So I admit, I'm fairly noob at this. ;p

I have a basic understanding of what I'm doing, however a friend of mine flashed my last two roms, and now I'm on my own. So I wanna make sure I'm doing things right before moving on.

I've done a fair bit of research, though, I can't seem to find any of my answers.

I'm currently running:
Rom: CyanogenMod-7-09012011-NIGHTLY-DROIDX
Android Version: 2.3.5
Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-g5562e1 w30471@il93lnxdroid8 #1

I'm not exactly sure what the process is though to go from CM7 to Apex 2.0 (RC4) though. I assume I need to flash to stock, then move upto Apex 2.0 (RC4).

So, from my understanding, my first step would be to follow http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

Then flash a new Baseband / Kernal to match Apex 2.0 (RC4) requirements, then flash the rom. However, I can't find those files.

Any help would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones