• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GoldenDict Alternative On Android 13

ahmahmood1964

Lurker
Mar 28, 2023
For a long while I have been using GoldenDict on different devices to utilize ".dz" and ".index" files. Now with the upgrade to Android 13, GoldenDict keeps crashing on my devices. Could you introduce a solution to the crash or an alternative app which opens the forementioned files on Android 13?

Looking at the GoldenDict app pages on the Google Play site, GoldenDict doesn't appear to update them too often (Aug. 2020 for the main app, Nov. 2018 for the Lite version).
Its desktop version hasn't been updated recently for even longer:

This likely is just an abandoned product so it might be best to move on and migrate to a different, currently active solution.
Android versions get continuously upgraded with not just eye-candy user interface changes but also a lot of low-level background services changes. So at some point outdated and obsolete. Functionally, some too-old apps just cannot work properly with a newer operating system.
My apologies but can't make any relevant suggestions to switch to, Hope I'm wrong and you do get this app to work again for your sake but at some point unsupported apps do stop being as reliable and usable when you upgrade to a newer OS version.

Upvote 0
I did as you said. After several times of crashing, it issued a warning that it was developed for an older version of Android and I should try contacting the developer. After closing the warning, any search only leads to the error "Installation Corrupted. Please reinstall the app."
Have you tried to uninstall it, reboot and reinstall it? GoldenDict - Apps on Google Play

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones