• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Good Bluetooth For The Inspire 4G?

why no jawbone? is it the size?

anywho ill just list what i have...
im using a samsung wep450 (only $5 after rebate at meritline), jawbone aliph II (shape reminds me of the blueant q1, but i dropped it and my dog chewed it a lil so now im looking at the icon which is smaller) and plantronics K100 (for the car)

i also have a motorola h12 and h680 but i havent used either of these with my inspire but briefly with my captivate.

Reactions: lordpuffer
Upvote 0
can you give a quick review of the ones you like the most? How is battery life & talk time?? Which ones sound best?
It would be great to have a non-biased review from someone who has used so many on a phone that i happen to own!

The jawbone aliph 2 ($40) was great until my dog chewed it now I get some static. Noise cancellation (called noiseassassin) works wonders on this headset. My husband was using a motorola h12 with his iphone and I could never hear him in his car so I bought him an aliph and it was like night and day with the sound. (side note the dog ate his) Oh and it has a great thing called a voice activity sensor which touchs your cheek, when you talk it senses the vibrations and distinguishes between that and background noise. it is light weight and comes with different size ear hooks (in plastic and a metal one) they are nice and thin which is great cause I have glasses (this was a problem with some headsets). Battery seems great. I can get around 5hrs continuous talk time and then maybe an hour or 2 with it left on before it starts to beep. Only takes maybe an hour to fully charge. It has a slim design and I like how it doesnt have a bunch of buttons (once connected to the phone the volume is controlled from there) leaving the power/answer/end button as really the only thing to press and its a button you cant see you just press on the black diamond pattern that lines up with the ear hook.

The samsung wep450 is my backup headset. Sound called is ok considering after rebate it cost me $5. I can def tell the difference in sound quality and noise cancellation from my jawbone. Battery lasts about the same as jawbone. It is lightweight as well and I find it fits ok with my glasses.

Plantronics k100 is a bluetooth speaker ($50). Has a built in fm transmitter if you wanna play it thru your car or whatever. Sound quality is excellent. I hate the speaker phone on the inspire I cant hear anyone and they cant hear me but with the k100 everything is crystal clear. Has a rotary volume knob which is smooth. And an easy to access mute button. Voice dial also works great with this. It has a clip on the back which is nice cause I can attach it to my visor. I really only use it in my car and so far I charged it 1time and that was a week ago and I have used it about 4-5 times during that one charge. And I can use my inspire car charger to charge it which is nice. Oh and you can use it to stream music/podcast/gps etc from your phone. I did try it with pandora and it was GREAT.

The H12 ($20) from motorola is small ill give it that. Battery life is good, but the sound quality left alot to be desired. on both the iphone and captivate noise cancellation was pretty non existent. I could never hear my husband and he could sometimes hear me, this took me to the H680 ($20 was $100 but best buy had a special). Battery life was great, and it was small and light. Also fit great with my glasses. As long as I used a rubber eargel thing provided with the headset I didnt have too much trouble hearing people. sometimes people said they were having a hard time hearing me. I would say that out of every 10 calls 4 of those calls would have hearing problems. (this lead to a jump to jawbone)

Reactions: LittleAnt
Upvote 0
can you give a quick review of the ones you like the most? How is battery life & talk time?? Which ones sound best?
It would be great to have a non-biased review from someone who has used so many on a phone that i happen to own!
FYI, the BlueAnt Q2 works very well. It has the most excellent Voice Commands. When you first pair it, which is very easy, it transfers over your phonebook from your phone to the headset so that you can just push a button and use voice commands to make a call. Very clear reception also. So far, so good. Not the most comfortable headset, but i could easily live with it.

EDIT: Had to try 2 times to connect with the BlueAnt Q2 today, like the Q1. Oh well, it does connect, and it stays connected and then works well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones