• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good pricing deals on purchasing the HTC EVO 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
That RS deal is only good through 01/08/11 (according to the add at local RS) so hurry up while it's good and either buy an EVO at RS or get your price match at BB. If you buy it in store at RS you do get a free bluetooth with a trade-in of an old phone ($40 value as mentioned). Online I think you get the bluetooth without a trade-in.

I hate to see anybody over pay for anything so I hope you are all able to make it work for you.

Upvote 0
I'm not reading 6 pages worth of probably outdated deals at this point so I apologize if I'm repeating anything, but just this week I got my Evo from Radio Shack Online for $99 (no trade-in required). There were some taxes (not $50 as I saw a poster was charged), S&H charges and there will be an activation fee, but so far I paid under $120 (not including the act. fee which will be charged to my bill). Wish I'da checked Amazon for a deal but I'm happy with the price I paid.

I'm selling my previous phone, HTC Hero, on Ebay so if I make at least $50, hopefully $100, off of that phone then I would've gotten the Evo for less than $100 or even less than $50. Here's hoping!

Note: The Radio Shack deal was of course w/ a 2 year extension of my Sprint contract. Which honestly I'm fine with as Sprint has the best prices around.

Upvote 0
Radio Shack ON-LINE (not the store) has the EVO for $99 with free shipping, NO TAX and a free Blue Tooth.

First, I called Sprint and extended my line for another 2 years and got $70 credit (does not affect your elgibility date).

Next, bought the EVO for $99 from Radio Shack which comes out to $30 bucks after the 70 credit.

Buying on-line means NO TAXES and I got the phone in 2 days. It's so nice that I ordered another EVO for another line I have in my account.

$30 bucks per EVO - not bad.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
2 of my co workers got evos over the last 2 days...One went in the store because she was using her daughters upgrade...her evo total bill was 150 ish and with trade in of a palm pixi because of the california tax system that requires you to pay the regular price taxes on discounted items. The other co worker went online and got hers for an upgrade and paid $99.99 yesterday and paid for overnight shipping for her birthday present to herself (being deliveried today to work)...total damage was $119.98...and she keeps her blackberry curve as a present to her 15 year old niece...online is the way to go...just get faster shipping if you cant wait for the 3 to 4 days.

Upvote 0
I've been searching for the White version with little luck and can't get anyone to price match RS. I called the online store and was told that I can trade for a white version within the first 30 days. I'm skeptical about this, but I'm thinking I will do it if I can't find one today.

Also, how often can you extend your contract 2 yrs to get the $70 credit? I did this to one of the lines already (I have 4 lines).

Thanks,
Sam

Upvote 0
Radio Shack ON-LINE (not the store) has the EVO for $99 with free shipping, NO TAX and a free Blue Tooth.

First, I called Sprint and extended my line for another 2 years and got $70 credit (does not affect your elgibility date).

Next, bought the EVO for $99 from Radio Shack which comes out to $30 bucks after the 70 credit.

Buying on-line means NO TAXES and I got the phone in 2 days. It's so nice that I ordered another EVO for another line I have in my account.

$30 bucks per EVO - not bad.

Wow EXCELLENT deal there! Where did you learn about this $70 credit for upgrading your line through Sprint? As far as I can tell your line gets upgraded anyway when purchasing/activating the Evo (or any phone for that matter) for any discounted price (whether $299 w/ rebate or $99) through any retailer.

Upvote 0
I've been searching for the White version with little luck and can't get anyone to price match RS. I called the online store and was told that I can trade for a white version within the first 30 days. I'm skeptical about this, but I'm thinking I will do it if I can't find one today.

Also, how often can you extend your contract 2 yrs to get the $70 credit? I did this to one of the lines already (I have 4 lines).

Thanks,
Sam

Well my skepticism was not without warrant.

I saw they had the white phones in stock today so I called to get my black EVO swapped for the the white one. I was told I would have to pay the $150 price! I have a complaint that upper management is supposed to be reviewing, but I'm not hopeful.

I told them I would not pay extra and I would turn my phone in and get one from somewhere else before I pay them anymore money.

I didn't wasn't even delivered at that time.

Upvote 0
I ended up ordering the phone from RadioShack online for $99 and no, I wasn't able to get the white one. It actually just got delivered about a half hour ago and now I'm trying to get it activated. I called them up and got a rep I could barely understand and he told me that it'll be activated automatically within 12 hours. Not sure if I should leave the phone on or not, the paperwork says to leave it off until they say to turn it on. He never said anything about it though.

It's for sure a beautiful phone and now that I got the black one I highly doubt I'll try to exchange it for a white one if they become available. I like how it looks alot and don't think it'll be worth the hassle. Can't wait to get this bad boy activated!

Upvote 0
Deal isn't still on, but always check letstalk.com, they have ridiculous deals sometimes - I've bought my last 3 phones through them.

Bought 2 evos end of november -

Buy one get one free - $150
No activation and free shipping - $0
Retailmenot coupon - 20$

So 130 for both phones out the door... I ended up calling back and upgrading to next day shipping for 20 bucks, basically canceling out my coupon.. lol

Oh, and my gf gets an 18% discount through work off our monthly bill...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones