• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Apps on Fascinate

droid_head

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2010
Indiana
I am using google apps email for several of my websites. the settings are the same as gmail. I am using IMAP.

I setup my @gmail account and one of my @myprivatedomain.com emails in the gmail app and regular email app on my phone. I like using the gmail app as my email app since it auto syncs and you dont have to open and wait for sync like you do w/ the regular email app.

Now I can't setup my @myprivatedomain.com emails in the gmail app.

I don't understand on the Adroid phones why email setup is so hard. I had one hell of a time on the X and Inc setting up email. Very buggy and intermitten

does anyone know what "your phone may not be provisioned for data services" means?

Any help appreciated.

I had an issue connecting to an apps account as well. Although the error message was something about not connecting to the servers. The way I got around it was to open the YouTube app, login using the account you want to add, and go from there. You can then look into the Accounts settings (either in Gmail or just the phone settings) and set it up properly. Not sure if that's the same problem you're having, but worth a shot at least.

Upvote 0
I agree, was so excited that I could ditch the other email app and just use the Gmail one. And yeah, it's a fricken google phone, you would think adding accounts would be high on the list of things that should work, but ah well. Glad it worked for you too.

My only gripe with the Gmail app is that there doesn't appear to be an easy way to switch between accounts, other'n going to Menu > Accounts. Swiping back and forth between them would be a nice addition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones