• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Clock Alarm Off/Snooze Behaviour

I want to ask if anyone else is seeing an odd behaviour with the standard Google clock app alarm, regarding the Off & Snooze buttons when the alarm is triggered. I'm still running a Galaxy S10+ these days, am satisfied with it until I find an offer I can't refuse to upgrade.

I've noticed the functionality of the buttons keeps switching back and forth every few months from a slider to push buttons. Since two days ago, the alarm shutoff screen is a slider - slide right Off and slide left Snooze. But for the past 3 months it had been two distinct push buttons - Snooze on the left and Off on the right, with the action being a touch of either button.

Have seen it happen over and over several times in the past 3 years, and am curious whether it's tied to periodic updates or some feature that I'm not aware of; there is no setting that manages this behaviour. While the main function of the buttons isn't impaired, it's odd to wake up groggily trying to figure out if I should touch the Off button or slide the center button to turn Off. Only once had it impacted me, when it was in slider mode and I accidentally turned it on Snooze instead of Off, getting surprised a few minutes later while getting dressed and suddenly the alarm rings out again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones