• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Drive problem

Hi everybody. As you know, Google Drive gives everyone 15 giga free space. Recently, I had 14,50 giga full and I decided to delete almost all folders and files, leaving only a single folder of 460 megabytes. At this point, I should have had almost all my original space available again. On the other hand, Drive still reports 15 giga usage and so doesn't allow me to upload anything else. What can I do to resolve this matter ? Thanks to the ones of you who will reply and help me.

Have you tried using the 'Empty Trash' icon in the app? If yes and that's the problem, try going to https://drive.google.com, click on the 'Trash' icon in the left side panel, and in the resulting list that shows, do a Cntrl-A (to select all), and use the contextual menu option for Empty Trash to permanently delete things.
Now wait a minute or so and see if that opens up more storage space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones