• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google mail isnt that great :-(

dan55

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2010
Hi all
The google mail app. Its a bit rubbish! Or is it just email on the desire/
Android ? :-(
Considering the this is google's os you think that the email app
Would be much better. It doesn't cache the mail so has to keep loading
It all the time and all that stuff with label tags is just silly imo.
I had a conversation that was in trash but was tagged with another
Folder name. And then it refused to send a reply. And the crashed!!

Rant over :-D

Cheers
Dan

There's the GMAIL app and the EMAIL app...which one are you referring to?

I had no issues with the GMAIL app and never used the EMAIL one.

I've just transferred over to K9 and have found I really like it. It can combine your gmail and email accounts into one universal inbox and also easily keep each account listed separately underneath the universal inbox.

I like "threaded" view of my gmails when I view my account on the web, but prefer the non-threaded view that K9 provides on the phone. Just easier to keep things organized/deleted.

I'd recommend trying K9 if you're unhappy with the stock gmail/email apps.

Upvote 0
The only issue I ever had with K-9 is the ever growing data. After a month or so of use the app data was a bit over 6MB and other than clearing data through the app manager (which clears all settings and account info) there was no way to clean it out.

Have they fixed that yet? I just stated forwarding all my email to my google account and have been using the gmail app. I'd love to go back to K-9, but not until I know that's been fixed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones