• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps 4.6 installation failed

itandy

Oct 29, 2009
Just found Google Maps 4.6 on Market. But tried several times and all failed on installation with just the notification "Installation unsuccessful". Download seems completed and the message was prompted a while after installation started.

I'm using VR12. Anyone else has this problem?

Same thing happened here on a different (2.2) ROM. Maps is installed on /system here, which may be the reason. Check for a folder "download" on your microSD card; apps that fail to install will usually be found there. Tap the .apk and choose to install it when prompted.

I believe you're correct. I downloaded the APK for Google Maps 4.6 and installed it manually. Went through without any problem.

But I remember previous versions of Google Maps upgrade normally. Hope Google can fix it, at least for others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones