• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google maps my location?!

stevo101

Feb 22, 2009
how come they removed the my location button from google maps?! i always have my GPS telling me my location incorrectly so when i try to have it retry their is no my location anymore?! so i just have to force close and go back into google maps am i missing something? and is the gps on the mytouch 4g not that good it takes for ever to get a lock?

What are you talking about? The button is in the upper right hand corner in the tool/search bar (if you are already at your location it toggles to the rotation button).

oh i didnt know they changed that into my location i thought that was the compass mode, i havent had an android phone since the g1 and as far as i could remember it was when you hit menue it would say my location. thank you kindly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones