• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps: Pinch to Zoom

c_man

May 3, 2010
London, UK
Hi all,

Am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Legend purchase... :cool:

Several reviews have hinted there is no pinch to zoom on Google Maps :(; fair enough - though is this feature arriving soon?

Or is it something that is simply not going to happen?

Any other users had much luck with 'brut r6'? Have read this is a good alternative and allows for pinch to zoom...
Does it differ in any way from the original Google Maps?

Any insight appreciated :)

Google maps doesn't do this as standard but its an issue with the app rather than the phone.

I've not messed around trying to get it working though as it doesn't bother me at all especially given that there are zoom controls in the bottom corner of the screen which I'd probably just use anyway either way...

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Reactions: c_man
Upvote 0
Well I bought the Legend off eBay about a week ago, whilst it was unlocked (I could use any sim) it was from Vodafone and still had the Vodafone splash screen and other stuff.

It had 1.32.xxx.x which I understand to be Vodafone's version of the firmware, and as any future updates would have had to rely on Vodafone getting their act together I decided to create a gold card and install version 2.03.405.3.

So now it has none of Vodafones branding and hopefuly I will get any future updates directly from HTC (rather than waiting for Vodafone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones