• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google navigation questions

hmadsen

Oct 14, 2009
I am going to Thailand in a month on holiday and wanted some sort of navigation.

Asked ALK if their copilot had maps for Thailand but they said that it did not so i wont buy that.

But what about google navigation, does it have maps for Thailand ? If yes, can i download these in advance as i fear that i might be royally robbed by my telco if i download them down there :)

Oh yeah and finally offcourse...Is it at all possible that HTC would be able to pull their finger out and release the apparantly needed new rom before i leave ?

Alternative solutions are welcome.. (Alternative = Alternative ways of using my hero, not "Buy this and that device it has thai maps etc etc")

Thanks in advance.

Hmadsen

coming back from Thailand now i can say: google maps are available, navigation not.

The maps are good in cities, but on countryside not good, also difficult to see in the bright sun light, because small roads are white with grey background.

But maps are very helpful when you come into a new city and like to know where you are, because GPS works!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones