• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now vs S-Voice

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching on here and on Google and didnt find anything useful. I want to know what the difference is between S-Voice and Google Now, and if there even is a difference.

There is a slew of topics that came up with "S voice and Google Now comparison" search in Google.

Google

Google Now is superior to S voice. That's all I know.

Upvote 0
Google now is supposed to be more intuitive, but it takes time to develop the extended features. I have been using consistently for about a month and it still is not pulling info up based on past searches.

Mine finally did yesterday (kind of) after 16 days of use. It didn't pull up any info based on my past searches so much as it started showing cards with a single line in them of things I had previously searched for. I guess it thinks I wasn't satisfied the first time I searched and though I might want to search the exact thing again. Huh.

One really cool thing Google Now/Voice Search did was the other night when we were all hungry and sitting in the truck trying to figure out where to go to eat (nothing sounded good), I asked Voice Dearch to "Show me Italian restaurants near me". It showed me four of them along with reviews. We went to the closest one (following Google Now's navigation instructions) and left extremely pleased. We found ourselves a new Italia joint! The entire bill for the three of us (me, wife and son) came to $44 and that included the waiter's tip and tip to the jazz duet (who were fantastic). I came away a very pleased Google Now user! :D

Upvote 0
Google now is supposed to be more intuitive, but it takes time to develop the extended features. I have been using consistently for about a month and it still is not pulling info up based on past searches.

Do you have it set to pull from your actual searches? There is a setting for this. I know it's an obvious question but we all forget the obvious sometimes. ;)

Upvote 0
S-Voice is supposed to be a voice assistant for searching the web, making phone calls, etc. It speaks back to you.

Google Now gives you automatic updates on weather, traffic, flights, etc. in the form of cards. It's not always very useful but the things it does is amazing. I was looking up a restaurant online from my pc and when I picked up my phone it gave me traffic conditions and drive time to that restaurant. Pretty cool, but at the same time when I tried to use it for something I actually needed (like a drug store) it gave me results like 45 minutes away (where I had just come from). Location Services drain my battery like crazy so I don't know why I bother keeping it on if it never knows my location.

Google Voice Search allows you to search Google using your voice but that's about it. It is much faster than S Voice for doing this though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I cannot make phone calls with Google Now or Voice Search. If I say "Call Billy" it will only bring up a bunch of local businesses. Never really tried texting or opening programs, just assumed it wouldn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones