• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play crashing oddly

thelotuscube

Lurker
Jan 12, 2016
I searched these post and didn't find anything like what I'm having trouble with. My LG v10's Google play store stops working everytime I try to purchase something. It pulls up the dialog box asking for password to confirm purchase and I type it in and then it shows loading wheel and then a new dialog box open saying Google play has unfortunately stopped working. I have tried force stopping and clearing app updates and it doesn't work. I don't want to do a factory reset I have to much stuff on my phone. Can anyone please help??

I searched these post and didn't find anything like what I'm having trouble with. My LG v10's Google play store stops working everytime I try to purchase something. It pulls up the dialog box asking for password to confirm purchase and I type it in and then it shows loading wheel and then a new dialog box open saying Google play has unfortunately stopped working. I have tried force stopping and clearing app updates and it doesn't work. I don't want to do a factory reset I have to much stuff on my phone. Can anyone please help??
Try uninstalling updates from Google Play Services,reboot your phone,then update when prompted,see if that helps.

Reactions: thelotuscube
Upvote 0
Try uninstalling updates from Google Play Services,reboot your phone,then update when prompted,see if that helps.
I did do that at first and it seemed like it helped, Google part loaded quicker but once it asked for a password and I clicked confirmed it crashed again. It really sucks because I'm trying to buy this font pack I like, granted its not just when I try this it's when I buy anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones