• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet app crashes help

SubaruB4

Aug 4, 2010
Connecticut
I think this is in the right section so I have a headwolf Wpad3 running Android 12 I've wipped the tablet clean to install it fresh again and I think the crashes have something to do with an update but these are the issues

Youtube after the update on the system crashes the app as soon as it loads.. I tried force stop.. I even uninstalled it and installed it again and it didn't work at all it still crashes.. next is the Digital wellbeing same issue.. Now the new one is the Quickstep app.. It's very fustrating.. It's to the point now I'm wondering if I could root the tablet and install a different version of Android?

I think this is in the right section so I have a headwolf Wpad3 running Android 12 I've wipped the tablet clean to install it fresh again and I think the crashes have something to do with an update but these are the issues

Youtube after the update on the system crashes the app as soon as it loads.. I tried force stop.. I even uninstalled it and installed it again and it didn't work at all it still crashes.. next is the Digital wellbeing same issue.. Now the new one is the Quickstep app.. It's very fustrating.. It's to the point now I'm wondering if I could root the tablet and install a different version of Android?
that is not how rooting works. you need a develop community supporting your device. and your device being an off brand one, does not have a rooting community.

i would do another factory reset and see if that works. if that does not fix it, you might have to either deal with it or get a better device.

Upvote 0
that is not how rooting works. you need a develop community supporting your device. and your device being an off brand one, does not have a rooting community.

i would do another factory reset and see if that works. if that does not fix it, you might have to either deal with it or get a better device.
It seems like Google is not really doing Android for tablets anymore? That's what it seems like when I read about it. And can't I just disable or delete quickstep and Youtube for these crashes to stop?

Upvote 0
It seems like Google is not really doing Android for tablets anymore? That's what it seems like when I read about it. And can't I just disable or delete quickstep and Youtube for these crashes to stop?
no they are still doing tablets.. samsung galaxy s9 comes out in august. its just that there are not many manufacturers are making them now days. the s9 ultra looks really good. but it is not cheap.

have you tried using youtube thru the browser?

Upvote 0

no they are still doing tablets.. samsung galaxy s9 comes out in august. its just that there are not many manufacturers are making them now days. the s9 ultra looks really good. but it is not cheap.

have you tried using youtube thru the browser?
The browser works but it's not really that friendly to use

Upvote 0
Weird thing I have noticed though. If you restart or power off and return back on your tablet, it seems to not crash, but if you turn off the screen and leave it for a while, then come back and enter your pin or your pin or your passcode, it will start crashing again. Not sure if the same thing happens. If the charger is plugged in or not?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones