• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google Play doesnt play with me

Hi. Just joined so hoping to have a really good time here with you folks.
My fist inquiry -
I have a Huawei U8800 and cant download from Google Play. When there it tells me either-
1. You dont have a device connected or...
2. Your download will start shortly...which of course it never does.

Its been like this for months now. Need to DL apps n updates.
Can you help pls

thx Nukbat. there is no Google account working. I cant install Google Play or anything else. Cache's been cleaned out multiple times over the past few weeks n months. Just tried getting the voice name activation working - once again the system is really not happening. It reads "The application Market (process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectadly. Try later"...where have I heard that before;)
Can you tell me, will a ##258741 Hard Reset / Full Restore do anything useful for me. I found this tucked away in a folder from GeekLord some years ago. I think the best thing I could do is start all over again - nuke all that is on this phone (with backup of apk's and contacts secured of course) and start again, similar to formatting the hard drive on a pc. Is that a good option and if so can you give me some pointers how to do so pls.

Upvote 0
Hi narlow, That hash code you found is NOT a Huawei code. All the Huawei hash codes I have - end with # or * in a sequence arrangement.
If you wish to do a 'Forced Upgrade', the phone must be switched off.
Press VOLUME + and VOLUME - and POWER key at the same time.

To do a Factory Data Reset - Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

You can Download Google Play Store on the Internet and load it to your phone via computer. Have you tried that? Neil.

Upvote 0
Thx for the info nu2andy. Good to know I would have stuffed something up had I hit those keys.

I have tried to download Google Play Store and when I get there it tells me one of a number of things depending on when I arrive there - 1. u havent pressed the google play icon on your phone, 2. "thx, the file will DL soon" - but never does and 3. your phone does not exit. So what do you reckon I do from here?
I have backed up everything so nuking the data is ok by me. Whats the best way to clean upo the mess I have. Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi narlow, Make sure your battery is fully charged and do the Factory Data Reset. This should restore the phone to "out of the box condition".:)
The chances are that the Apps may come up with the original "Market" after the Reset has finished.
This was the original name for the Google Play Store. You will have to treat the phone as like new and sign up to your Google account again.
When you start 'Market' it may tell you that Play Store will replace it.
Best of luck. Neil. :D

Upvote 0
Hi nu2andy.
Did the reset but have I complicated things?...I went straight to Mobilgo thereafter and reinstalled all the apk's I had on the devise before. Maybe that has brought back the troubles/virus?
So I have tried Google Play/Market - no go. It is not there I used Mobilgo to try to DL an apk and it tells me as usual - "fail to analyze source link". I forgot to tell u that b4, so that the 4th reason I cant get through.

Whats the next step. Whats the 'Forced Upgrade' thing about? and when to use it. Thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones