• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Music question/synching music

Jose15247

Mar 16, 2010
Just had a few questions about Google Play Music, as I just started using it and I'm not 100% familiar with it yet.

First off, do the songs added to the cloud (through my computer) sync to my phone? I know they can be played off the cloud, but do they actually download to the phone if connected to wi-fi or something like that? I didn't think so, but then two of the songs I added recently to the cloud are now on my device (not through the cloud, actually on the device) but now I can't seem to get any other songs to transfer over. I have no idea how the original two got on, and I definitely don't remember doing it manually so I just wanted to know if someone could help me out with this.

Also, do songs I put on my phone, transfer to the cloud automatically? Basically, my first question but backwards. This I don't care about too much since I rarely get music on my phone before my computer but I was just curious.

Hoping someone can answer this for me,
Thank you in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones