• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google to ditch the dessert names for Android?

I've read a rumor online that Google might ditch the alphabetical dessert names for Android OS with the release of Pie's successor, and start using numbers instead. Since Pie is the 9th version of Android, the upcoming one would be called Android 10 or Android X. Do you think this will happen? If no, what dessert with the letter "Q" do you think will be chosen as the name for the upcoming version?

Last edited:
No, I don't think it will happen because it's hardly the first time this rumour has circulated (hey, it's the internet: some randomer posts something, one blog picks it up, other blogs copy the first, speculation gets reposted as rumour and rumour gets reposted as fact. And nobody cares as long as it brings in clicks, apart from a few of us who have an obscure, unfashionable attachment to facts).

My proposal is that since "Pie" only implies a dessert if you are American (I doubt one in twenty Brits thinks of a dessert when they hear the word "pie") for Q they should pick something that's not mainstream in the USA, for balance. Personally I suspect Quesito might get it though (Puerto Rico being an unincorporated US territory it's likely to be more familiar than some of the other candidates).

Upvote 0
With an owl and *****cat at the launch event.

I've already thought about Android X. Xi gua lao :thumbsupdroid:

Watermelon_Agar_Jelly.jpg

Basically watermelon with cherries, agar and sugar.

BTW here's an AF censoring fail...

The Owl and the *****-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
'O lovely *****! O ***** my love,
What a beautiful ***** you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful ***** you are!'

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones