• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google tv and dish question

I'm out in the boonies and on "extended dsl" so my max speed is 512k. In looking at the ads for dish/googletv I can't determine if I can use it with my "broadband" connection. I know I can't do streaming due to my low speed but it looks like with the googletv/dish setup you can tell it to record to hd dvr for later viewing instead of doing the streaming thing.

My question is; with the googletv/dish setup, can you tell it to send everything to the dvr for later viewing? Including netflix, youtube, hulu, movies, etc.??

Any insights greatly appreciated.

What is DVR service Integration with Google TV?
If you decide to use the DISH Network DVR service Integration with Google TV is a fee of $ 4 per month and have access to exclusive features. DVR Integration is not necessary. However, if you want to take advantage of enhanced features that include:
Google Search for events and DVR recordings
Google Search your program guide
Programming decisions and record directly from the search results page
Find and purchase Video on Demand (VOD) titles
Allow the use of some applications.

DVR integration necessary?
No. Google TV work with Dish Network service, without integration fee of $ 4. The share of integration opens up the advanced features of Google TV.

faux boxwood

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones