• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice Can't Verify Number

daves1243

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
Trying to set up Google Voice on my new Rezound over the past few days. Each time I try, when it comes time to verify my number, I get a message that says "Your phone number could not be verified".

I believe the app is trying to pull my phone number from the phone and send a text.

Anyone else seen this? Ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Trying to set up Google Voice on my new Rezound over the past few days. Each time I try, when it comes time to verify my number, I get a message that says "Your phone number could not be verified".

I believe the app is trying to pull my phone number from the phone and send a text.

Anyone else seen this? Ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Log in to your Google Voice acct and add the phone number of your phone to the list.
The on line acct has to have one active number on it, does not have to be the number to your phone just any number that the Google Voice servers can send a text to.

I have two phones set up with GoogleVoice/GrooVeIP to get free voip phone service. The only number these two phones have are the GV number and everything works, but GV could not verify the phones until it confirmed a phone. ANY phone. So I added one of my never used TracFone numbers that I can't even install Android apps on and let GV send a text to that phone, once done the acct/service was confirmed and I can send and receive calls and text to both Android phones on the GV number, you have to have some/any number on the GV acct that can receive text.

If thats not the issue you are having, is it that you have the app on your phone but don't have a GV acct set up on line? You must have a GV acct first before the app will work on your phone, and remember that after all that is said and done, that is you have gone on line and made your GV acct GV will try to call your phone, it will put a box on the screen that has two numbers on it, when GV calls your phone, listen to the prompts and when it tels you to you need to enter those two numbers, if you don't it can't confirm your acct.
But the big thing is the app is no good unless you have the GV acct already set up on line.

Upvote 0
Log in to your Google Voice acct and add the phone number of your phone to the list.
The on line acct has to have one active number on it, does not have to be the number to your phone just any number that the Google Voice servers can send a text to.

I have two phones set up with GoogleVoice/GrooVeIP to get free voip phone service. The only number these two phones have are the GV number and everything works, but GV could not verify the phones until it confirmed a phone. ANY phone. So I added one of my never used TracFone numbers that I can't even install Android apps on and let GV send a text to that phone, once done the acct/service was confirmed and I can send and receive calls and text to both Android phones on the GV number, you have to have some/any number on the GV acct that can receive text.

If thats not the issue you are having, is it that you have the app on your phone but don't have a GV acct set up on line? You must have a GV acct first before the app will work on your phone, and remember that after all that is said and done, that is you have gone on line and made your GV acct GV will try to call your phone, it will put a box on the screen that has two numbers on it, when GV calls your phone, listen to the prompts and when it tels you to you need to enter those two numbers, if you don't it can't confirm your acct.
But the big thing is the app is no good unless you have the GV acct already set up on line.

I was informed, on one of the GV web-pages, that calls within the US are free........outside of the US, there is a minute-to-minute charge.
I have a GV account set up.
Now I'm told that I have to have, at least, a $10 balance in my account to be able to use it.
Plus, I keep getting the "Call Not Sent" error.
I've gone through the settings a couple of times, trying to figure out what's wrong. I tried contacting Google, but there's no response.

garystan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones