• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App to answer calls/messages from unknown/hidden numbers with voice/text message?

Winfried

Oct 11, 2011
Hello,

As a simple way to handle robocalls, I'm looking for an application that, without ringing, would answer the call/text message with a voice/text message "I don't asnwer calls/messages from unknown/blocked numbers. If you wish, leave a voice message or send a text message.", and hang up.

As a safety measure, a notification would still be a good idea just in case.

I assume those apps already exist: Which one would you recommend, preferably (ad-)free?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm currently using a Xiaomi with Android 12 and the Evolution X custom ROM.

I don't want anything sophisticated with AI stuff, with the risk of false positives/negatives : If the number has no Caller ID or isn't listed in my Contacts, simply answer the call, play the message I recorded, and hang up.

I'll check if Phone by Google does the job.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones