• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google voice issues - Constant missed calls?

psufan5

Nov 26, 2009
Hello.

Whenever I have someone call my Google Voice number, it rings for a split second, then goes immediately to a missed call icon on my droid. It will then ring for another split second, and add yet another missed call. Every call coming to my number gets around 5 missed calls. The call from their end seems normal, as all they hear is ringing. On my end, I cant even answer the call because it vanishes right away.

Anyone know if this is a bug?

Thanks.

I have a similar issue. Google voice calls that I receive ring for a fraction of a ring tone and I can never catch it in time. I don't get the muliple missed call notifications for each call that you do.

I have this with my Droid but also had it on my verizon razr v3c as well, so it has to be google that is the problem.

Anyone else with this problem, or maybe even a solution?

Upvote 0
did you guys ever figure this one out, when my phone rings, I go to answer and get the prompt, "to accept press 1, to send to voice mail press 2" by the time I get the phone off my ear and enable the dial pad the call is over. very annoying!!!

ah, yes, it would appear that you have the "call presentation" feature enabled (it's on by default). To turn it off, so calls are directly connected (simple forwarding), go to your settings>Calls tab, and select the "off" radio button for call presentation. I also turned off call screening, since it seemed like a potential invasion of privacy to have google store recorded names, and disruptive to normal phone service.

Upvote 0
Not to resurrect an old thread, but just replying to see if anyone ever figured this out?

I use my Google Voice number exclusively. I had an EVO on Sprint, and when calling my GV #, it rang my EVO appropriately (no phantom/"early"/quick missed calls to start).

Today I got a Galaxy Nexus and it's on T-Mobile Prepaid. I know that T-Mobile Prepaid doesn't support forwarding TO GV (i.e. if someone calls your T-Mobile Prepaid # you can't have it forward to GV for voicemail), but that's not what I'm trying to do. I give out my GV #, and if someone calls my GV #, it forwards to my Nexus appropriately. However, while the caller's call rings continually (on their end), on my end, the call will show up for a split second, and go away; then again for another second (or less), and go away, and then usually on the 3rd "try" it rings normally and I have enough time to answer. I don't think it's a signal strength issue as otherwise that seems fine, and if I call my new T-Mobile Prepaid # directly the phone also rings fine on the first try. I have GV set in the app to be used for all calls, so that when I call outbound, my GV # appears on the other party's caller ID, which all works just fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I've experienced the same thing with prepaid Tmobile. I've used GV for years now(Verizon, Sprint, Page Plus), without problems and since i've started using Tmo i have missed calls, without my device ringing. I ended up switching to Page Plus, and keeping my TMO # assigned withing GV settings, and my Page Plus phone will ring, and my TMO won't. I'm not sure if it does this on AT&T too. It could either be TMO, or the UTMS network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones