• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice & Verizon Visual Voicemail concerns/questions

sake

Lurker
Jun 26, 2009
Hey folks,

I'm running the original Motorola Droid with Android v2.2. I'm sure this has been brought up in the past, but I've searched and can't find any real good answers.

I've had Google Voice for about a year now on my Droid. Here are some concerns I have:

1) It uses anytime minutes when someone is leaving a message.
2) Often it doesn't know when the caller has hung up and eats up additional minutes recording only silence.
3) With the in-call volume maxed out I can barely hear the voicemail through the handset speaker.

For a couple months last year I had Verizon Visual Voicemail and these were the concerns I had:

1) It costs $2.99/month (but doesn't use anytime minutes)
2) Like Google Voice, with the in-call volume maxed out I can barely hear the voicemail through the handset speaker.
3) Notification of voicemails was nowhere near as quick as regular voicemail or Google Voice.

My biggest question right now for both of them- Is there any way to get the in-call volume fixed when listening to messages? Anyone else having these issues?

It's important for me that voicemail volume is good and notification is quick. I can't seem to find a visual voicemail option that hits all the nails on the head.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones