• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Love it, been using it since '10. Second number and voicemail with (sometimes hysterical) transcription. That's gotten a ton better though, I sort of miss the really bad attempts at it. I use my GV number for pretty much everyone who isn't family and definitely for stuff where you don't want your number 'out there'. Just don't use it for 2FA and your good. It's s great service.

Upvote 0
I use my Google Voice number for any situations where I don't want to use use my primary phone number -- i.e. ordering take-out, buying stuff online, etc. It's reliable and stable, and easy to manage through either the app or using a web browser on a computer or laptop.

But it is a Google product so at any time, even though it has a long established history, I won't be surprised if Google opts to kill it off or monetize it in some kind of annoying way. It does give me a very useful, secondary phone number but I'd be nervous about making it my main phone number.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones