• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet battery life??

spiff23

Lurker
Sep 28, 2011
Ive had google wallet for a couple of days now and I noticed my batter life being wayyy shorter then normal. I checked the battery usage monitor thats built into android (settings, about phone, battery use) and found that google wallet was using 58% of my battery! I never even used it that day. Anyone else having the same issue or is the NFC not turning itself off when it should? I dont want to have to turn on NFC every time I want to use google wallet.

Ive had google wallet for a couple of days now and I noticed my batter life being wayyy shorter then normal. I checked the battery usage monitor thats built into android (settings, about phone, battery use) and found that google wallet was using 58% of my battery! I never even used it that day. Anyone else having the same issue or is the NFC not turning itself off when it should? I dont want to have to turn on NFC every time I want to use google wallet.
Sorry, Spiff. It seems that is what you have to do to keep battery drain down. With the few terminals out there it shouldn't be much of an inconvenience. Maybe by the time there are more places to use Wallet Google will have a fix for better battery allocation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones