• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google won't let me buy an app

galt

Oct 26, 2009
Florida, USA
I tried the free version. I like it. I want the additional functions in the paid version. Its only a few bucks. So I created an account in google checkout via my computer. Yes I used the same email as on my phone. It took the info just fine. But when I try to buy the app it says Invalid Credit card. I reentered it a couple of times, no help. So then I chose the option of adding a card at time of purchase. Same deal, takes everything fine, then says invalid credit card. This credit card works just fine and does not have any over limit issues. Google has no customer service, so I am dead.

If google wants to be a consumer company with things like checkout, they need to have some option to get to a human being (even in some third world country) or they are dead.

Any ideas how I buy an app now?
Do I have to wait 24 hours after creating my google acct to use it?

I had a similar problem because my default credit card was American Express.

That seems to work fine on apps that are paid in US$.

But when I went to buy an app that was in British Pounds, I got the same error.

Go to your account on your computer and add your Visa card and use that as the default. That fixed it for me and haven't had a problem since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones