1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

GoPro Karma Obstacle Avoidance? - GoPro

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rob, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator Thread Starter

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    One of the top features on the new DJI drones is obstacle avoidance but I don't see it mentioned in any of the Karma features and specs. Does anyone know if this is missing in the Karma? Will it or could it come at a later date? Kind of a big deal.

Advertisement

2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    Male
    Electromagnetic Field Engineer
    Pacific Beach / Crown Point, San Diego
    I have been looking as well. I don't see the sensors and when watching the videos have seen parts I would think they would advertise that feature (in the woods). Also, no follow me feature. I have seen that stated. The only thing hilighted is return to home, cable cam, passenger app, and remote.

IMO the Karma is good for someone shopping for a GoPro and drone / save money, wants portability, and ease of use.

For me, the portability isn't that great of a selling point without follow me. Cool, you can easily take it snowboarding with you. Crappy, you have to have someone else video you.

I will compare to the Mavic before I decided to purchase. I have the P4 and love that I can use litchi/preprogrammed flights/panoramic/little planets/etc, follow me, and different modes. My kids can fly easily in beginner mode.