• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gorilla Glass / Any scratches yet?

My phone is roughly 4 months old, completely in the buff :p

I recently dropped the phone twice on its face---one on a hardwood floor, the other tile. There is a slight nick at the bottom of the screen, right above the G in "Samsung". Barely noticeable, at only certain angles do you even know it's there.

Very impressed with its durability. Now if they can only fix some of their other issues. ;)

Upvote 0
I used the body glove case and the at&t screen protector for the first 4 months, then dropped them both because I simply love the look of the captivate naked and the screen responsiveness is better for gaming without a screen protector. In the last 2 months I haven't had a scratch on the screen... but I have gone back to the body glove case just because I have been skiing and I'm afraid of falling on it.

Upvote 0
Scratched mine in my pocket with car keys. That shouldn't have happened! Finally bought fingerprint resistant screen saver (for the tactile feel) and it covers the scratch fairly well, though it can still be seen. It's a bugger - almost a 1/2" wide in the middle.

Also had what looked like two chemical "swipes" vertically down the middle of the screen. Couldn't get it off with anything. Protector hides that very well.

Gorrilla Glass, my gorilla a**.....

Upvote 0
had mine since september, but only running it without screen protector for the past 3 months. no scratches or anything yet, though I am using the body glove.

One thing I'm not so happy about is that, initially, the screen was great at keeping off oil or fingerprint smudges, but after a month or so of use, that coating just disappeared and every time I play pew pew or something, i see huge smudges around my screen.

It guess its only natural though

Upvote 0
After 6 months with no screen protector, my screen has no scratches. I cleaned my screen perfectly and shined some light on it. I saw some ultra fine scratches tho I wouldn't even call them micro scratches. More like ultra micro scratches. I would feel comfortable selling this phone and say there are no scratches on the screen.

The case on the otherhand.... I am getting some abrasion on the backside around the camera lens and in strips along the top and bottom from just sitting the phone on tables and whatnot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones