1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gorilla Glass?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jvaljean, Nov 27, 2011.

1. jvaljean

jvaljean Lurker

Hello,

Note has Gorilla Glass, yes or no?

thanks

Advertisement

2. Hd2001glide

Hd2001glide Newbie

Yes it has Gorilla Glass....and it is a beautiful screen...blows my wife's iphone 4 out of the water....big time.

3. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast

Are you sure?

4. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

You know... I also questions this. The Galaxy Note is not listed in the Corning Gorilla web site as having it, surely they would have this information?

5. Hd2001glide

Hd2001glide Newbie

Numerous reviews I read on the Note before buying it had it listed with gorilla glass.

6. karhariasgr

karhariasgr Lurker

has finally gorilla glass or not; to know with accuracy; minimum and should not know whether it is resistant to scratches; and HD2 did not, but I do not understand anything from scratch.

7. mightymoose02

mightymoose02 Well-Known Member

I have been using the stylus pretty much everyday the past 2 weeks to draw with it and I don't see any scratches. (But then again... it's plastic on glass... it SHOULDN'T scratch)

If you are worried, get a screen protector or keep it away from your keys.

Gorilla Glass is just a brand. I am pretty sure Samsung uses hardened glass or some kind of reinforced glass for their Galaxy phones.

8. karhariasgr

karhariasgr Lurker

I don't like screen protectors becuase you loose the smoothness of the screen. thanks for the quick reply!

9. mightymoose02

That is very true.

I've noticed that the ones that use the solution like ZAGG Invishield makes it feel like crap.

10. t sport 1978

I swear by Martin fields, and as always they are perfect on the Note.

11. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry Newbie

Corning's Gorilla Glass in not on the Note, but it is a fortified glass.

But we all have to realize that Corning's Gorilla Glass is a fortified glass. So the Note's glass if pretty much the same thing without the name.

12. mightymoose02

Yeah it's just a BRAND name thing.

It's like KLEENEX or XEROX

there are other tissue paper and copy-machine alternatives out there that will fill your needs perfectly.

Same with some pharmaceutical drugs. As long as you get exactly the same chemicals, its the SAME thing as what the major brands make.

13. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

I don't care what glass they use I want one now!!

14. Furiousposter

Furiousposter Newbie

I have read in several reviews that the note has gorilla glass. I shall now have to go re read these reviews and ask them where they sourced such information. I may well phone Samsung direct and ask. I would also like to know the true answer to this question.

15. Cursed4Eva

Cursed4Eva Well-Known Member

I honestly dont think the screen is gorilla glass... I have multiple scratches in 2 weeks of very careful use, always inside the flip cover.

Part 1 of 3: My Detailed Review of the Samsung Galaxy Note - Cursed4Eva! - YouTube

This is my video review and check around the 3.16 (coincidence :) ) mark... you can see the scratches...

If you are buying the note please get a screen protector

Hope I helped

Cursed4Eva

16. t sport 1978

Some guys on here says that screen protector is a marketing fad... I for one always use a good quality one, i think Cursed4Eva's post proves their worth.

17. dt99

dt99 Newbie

Using flipcover with the Note will higher chance to scratch the screen, reason for that is, small "sandcorns" can get stuck on the flipcover and when close it. It scratch the screen, its something peopels dont think about to look at when closing the flipcover and have been reported by other peoples. That they scratch the screen by this way.

Gorilla Glass is overhyped brand and until any phone is made with bulletproof glass.
    Gorilla glass marketed as more scratch resistance and not scratch proof. Can still scratch the screen or break it, if dropped it.
    I wont care if its gorilla or banana glass on the phone. :D

Its the phone that are most important and not some glass.

18. Cursed4Eva

I am so annoyed with myself... I should have read up more cuz you are the second person telling me this... I have 6-7 scratches now (got rid of the cover and got a skinomi full body skin on)

19. techrider62

techrider62 Android Enthusiast

There's no way the note has gorilla glass.I had my dell streak for over a year with no screen protector and when I sold it last week it looked like the day I took it out of the box. PS. I love my new note

20. Cursed4Eva

The note is awesome but wish it had gorilla glass, atleast wish i knew beforehand... the only reason I didnt order a screen protector in advance is because I read so much about the gorilla glass... anyway there's always the NOTE 2 :D

21. techrider62

techrider62 Android Enthusiast

I wish the same. I have never liked screen protectors. I also think the s-pen and the writing ability has something to do with it.

22. Cursed4Eva

Maybe... you could be onto something there... makes sense!

23. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member

Were you able to get one for the version with the home button? I can only source the AT & T version.

Cheers

24. t sport 1978

25. xxbazhxx

xxbazhxx Member

ok so here is my question....
    if i was to buy a quality screen protector like say martin fields, how the hell do you apply it WITHOUT all the dreaded air bubbles getting trapped????.
    oh and by the way i have had my note now for 4 mnths, no screen protector, but a good quality case, and considering it never and i mean never leaves my side (which also includes bieng put in my pocket with keys/coins etc), after a quick buff with a micro fibre cloth the damn thing looks good as new, will that still be tha case with a martin fields screen protector?.....ooops thats 2 questions now lol.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews